- 8-9 October 2018
- SEARCA Headquarters, Laguna, Philippines
Rationale and Background of the Conference
After its organization in 2013, the Regional SEARCA Alumni Association (RSAA) has held three regional conferences in Laos (2013), Timor Leste (2015), and Indonesia (2016), in collaboration with the in-country SEARCA alumni associations. To continue SEARCA's initiatives of bringing together the alumni in the region, SEARCA and RSAA are organizing the 4th regional conference with the theme "Food Security, Climate Change and Poverty Reduction: Initiatives towards Sustainable Agriculture and Resilient Communities in Southeast Asia." The Conference is also scheduled in time for the alumni to participate in the 100th Loyalty Day Celebration of UPLB.
The conference generally aims to discuss initiatives of the SEARCA alumni towards addressing the pressing issues of food insecurity, poverty, and climate change impacts in the region.
Specifically, the Conference aims to:
- Provide an avenue for sharing initiatives and experiences in addressing food insecurity, climate change impacts and poverty;
- Facilitate sharing of information, practices, knowledge and skills generated from research and development activities; and
- Create awareness on the role of the SEARCA alumni in inclusive and sustainable agricultural and rural development.
The conference will accept papers for presentation in the parallel sessions under three topics, namely:
- Food security - This topic covers research paper presentations that aim to address food security and forward better understanding of how to promote food security at the household, national or regional level.
- Climate Change Impacts – This topic includes research paper presentations that aim to address climate change impacts and highlight resilience of communities.
- Poverty Reduction – This topic welcomes research paper presentations that aim to address poverty and advance better understanding of poverty reduction initiatives in the region.
Submission of Abstracts
The deadline for the submission of abstracts for presentation during the Conference will be on 21 September 2018. An abstract of not more than 300 words using Times New Roman Font size 12 and single spaced with complete name, contact address and number, and email address of author(s) can be sent to:
Accepted papers will be notified through email by 26 September 2018.
|International SEARCA alumni||USD 150.00|
|Filipino SEARCA alumni (Live in)||PHP 7,500.00|
|Filipino SEARCA alumni (Live out)||PHP 2,500.00|
|International Non-SEARCA alumni||USD 300.00|
|Filipino Non-SEARCA alumni (Live in)||PHP15,000.00|
|Filipino Non-SEARCA alumni (Live out)||PHP 5,000.00|
*to cover airport transfers, twin-sharing accommodations1, meals during the Conference, and conference kit
Limited slots for full support (airfare and registration fee) are available for qualified applicants.
1 Twin-sharing accommodations for arrival not earlier than 7 October and departure not later than 11 October will be covered to enable alumni to participate in the 100th UPLB Loyalty Day Parade on 10 October 2018. Please bring national costume for the parade.