Scholarship Co-funding Institutions
Funding for the SEARCA Graduate Study Program comes from Special Funds through the SEAMEO Education Development Fund (SEDF) and donations generated by the SEAMEO Secretariat (SEAMES) in Bangkok, Thailand. The fund consists of contributions from SEAMEO member countries as well as associate members (e.g., Australia, Canada, France, Germany, New Zealand, and the Netherlands), friendly governments, organization, and individuals.
Other funds are directly derived by SEARCA from interested governments, institutions, and organizations.
The following organizations and institutions had funded SEARCA graduate scholarships:
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Tokyo University of Agriculture (Tokyo NODAI), Japan
- University of Hohenheim, Germany
- Department of Agriculture, Government of the Philippines
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC) of Canada
- German Foundation for International Development (DSE)
- Ford Foundation
- Fundacion Servicio Para El Agricultor
- Jesuit Association
- Maekhong Project of ESCAP (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific)
- Bank of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) of Thailand
- Australian Cooperation with the National Agricultural Project of Thailand (ACNARP)
- Rubber Research Institute of Thailand (RRIT)
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID)
- Higher Education Project (HEP) of the Ministry of National Education, Government of Indonesia
- Ministry of Forestry and Estate (MOFE), Government of Indonesia
- Centre for Tropical and Subtropical Agriculture and Forestry (CeTSAF), Germany
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute (IPGRI)
- Department of Agriculture-Bureau of Agricultural Research (DA-BAR), Government of the Philippines
- ASEAN Foundation (AF)
- Universti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia
- Department of Agriculture-Philippine Carabao Center
- Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Industries Agroalimentaires, France (ENSIA-SIARC)
- French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development (CIRAD)
- Nagoya University (NU)
- The governments of Brunei Darussalam, France, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Netherlands, the Philippines, and Thailand.
At present, in addition to the SEDF, the Philippine Government, IDRC, UPM and the DAAD continues to support the Program.
SEARCA is extremely grateful to all these institutions for supporting its human resource development program. The Center pledges to continue the excellent service it has been known for in scholarship recruitment and administration. It will continue to assist the SEAMEO region in producing highly trained manpower in agriculture toward the formation of a cadre of high-caliber professionals who are capable of pioneering activities to solve poverty and poverty-related problems in their respective countries, in particular, and in Southeast Asia, in general.