- 1 November 2022 to 30 June 2023
FLExPHD Competition: Mobile App Development is a series of hackathon and mentoring, where participants will learn about the Planetary Health Diet (PHD) and develop an app that can serve as a guide for consumers in making data and values-driven food choices based on the PHD model.
FLExPHD App concept is one of the technological solutions featured in Rockefeller Foundation’s Food System Vision Prize special mention awardee "Feeding Metro Manila 2050."
- To offer opportunities for organizations and app developers to engage in collaborative efforts in seeking solutions to the unhealthy diet among Filipinos.
- To promote the PHD among different sectors and across generations.
- To change unhealthy eating preferences among Filipinos by giving them a tool for making data and values-driven informed food choices through the FLExPHD application.
- To educate society on the role of consumers in transforming the food system.