2017 | Proceeding and Workshop Reports | 225 pages
- Paperback 978-971-560-187-0
- e-ISBN 978-971-560-188-7
The Policy Roundtable was jointly organized by the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), the Philippine Rice Research Institute of the Department of Agriculture, and the Philippine Crop Insurance Corporation, with the support of the University of Hohenheim's Food Security Center.
As part of SEARCA's policy roundtable series on various topics in agricultural and rural development, the 12th Policy Roundtable session was developed in order to achieve the following objectives:
- To share knowledge and experiences on various facets of agricultural insurance in Southeast Asia;
- To identify key issues and challenges in agricultural insurance to enhance resilience to climate change;
- To explore possible partnerships on research, knowledge management, capacity building, and other activities; and
- To identify policy directions and recommendations for an enabling environment toward an improved agricultural insurance program.