KU-UPM Dual-Degree Program
SEARCA provides research and mobility grants for graduate students of Kasetsart University and Universiti Putra Malaysia to broaden their knowledge through exposure to other technologies and be trained by experts abroad.
- Open to ongoing graduate students of Kasetsart University and Universiti Putra Malaysia.
- The applicants' areas of specialization must be related to SEARCA's overarching theme of inclusive and sustainable agricultural and rural development (ISARD). These are but not limited to the following program clusters:
- Agricultural/Biological sciences
- Social Sciences
- Economics and Agribusiness
- Forestry and Fisheries
- Environmental Sciences
- Agro-industrial Technology and Engineering
- One roundtrip airfare to selected study post
- Tuition fee at the host university
- Stipend for food, lodging, and incidental expenses
- Book and supplies allowance
- Budget for theses for research up to USD 1,300
- Health and life insurance
- Duly accomplished application form
- A letter of admission from the host university, and confirmation from the faculty at the host university to supervise the student's research
- Research outline approved by thesis adviser and the Dean of the Graduate School of the home university, proposed activities at the host university and laboratory facilities and equipment needed in the conduct of his/her research project; budgetary requirements and timeline of activities
- Record of grades from the home university
- If mobility is to take courses for credit, list of courses to be enrolled as endorsed by the adviser at the home university
- Certification or proof of financial support from other sources, if any
Conditions and Requirements for Disbursement of Grant
- The fund for the plane ticket will be released on reimbursement basis upon submission of valid receipts as proof of purchase.
- The stipend will be released and deposited to the grantee through his/her bank account upon arrival and registration at the host university.
- Research budget will be released in two tranches: first tranche to be released upon submission of approved research outline, second tranche to be released upon submission of receipts covering the first tranche.
For more details contact .