The successful candidate will be a motivated thought-leader with experience and technical skills to efficiently oversee the core program operations across the Center and meet the needs of the different internal and external stakeholders of SEARCA. Working closely with the Director and Management Team, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively contributing to the Center’s overall strategic development; providing inputs on policy formulation regarding operational and program direction of the Center.
- Supporting the Director in planning, directing, and coordinating operations of the departments and units under Programs and ensuring that the departments’ objectives are met in an efficient, effective, and financially prudent manner.
- Linkaging and networking for SEARCA’s core programs, building partnerships with the public and private sector both in Southeast Asia and internationally.
- Assisting the Director in resource generation, contributing to the development of a portfolio of externally funded projects.
- Preparing and presenting the annual and other reports of status, progress, and outcomes of the Center’s core programs.
- Ensuring effective channels of communication are maintained with internal and external stakeholders.
- Building and strengthening the Program team; providing coaching and training to build their capacity to achieve the goals of SEARCA
- Representing SEARCA in regional and global conferences, fora, and dialogues on relevant technical and research topics to ensure SEARCA’s work is disseminated.
- Serving as Center Officer in Charge in the absence of the Director.
- Performing all other duties as directed by the Director or by the Center’s Governing Board.
- A national of a SEAMEO member country, except the host country of SEARCA (Philippines)
- Holder of a doctorate in agriculture or related science earned from a reputable institution of higher learning
- Ten years (at least) of progressive career in agriculture or related sciences, including five years’ experience in managing programs or projects at a national or regional level or beyond Southeast Asia
- High level of proficiency in English language in both spoken and written form
- Ability to transform the Center’s vision/goals to action plans or formulate and operationalize strategies based on vision/goals
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, highly analytical, rendering sound judgment to achieve targets
- Experience in establishing linkages and doing collaborative activities on both regional and international levels
- Demonstrated understanding of the relevant trends and challenges in the agricultural sector
- High level of personal integrity
- Good health and physical condition
- Experience in fundraising is preferred