- 36th SEAMEO High Officials Meeting tackles post-2015 agenda, endorses 3 new projects
- SEARCA and WorldFish facilitate IBAMO's 5th Executive Meeting and Planning Workshop
- 66 Bulacan ARBO staff undergo SEARCA and DAR sponsored Training on Integrated Production Management System
- SEARCA conducts ADB and CCC sponsored Training on Economic Valuation for Climate Change Resilience and Green Growth in Upper Marikina
- Philippine Senate heeds policy recommendations of DA/BAR-SEARCA study
- SEARCA and NAFRI spearhead Laos 1st National Consultative Meeting under the GAP-CC project
- ASEAN, GIZ, SEARCA and CARDI convene National Consultative Meeting on Promotion of Climate Resilience of Rice and other crops in Cambodia
- SEARCA and Philippine ATWGARD facilitates first national consultation for the ASEAN Network on Promoting Climate Resilience of Rice and Other Crops
- Christian Aid explores partnership with SEARCA and other regional initiatives
- SEARCA releases policy brief and policy paper on smuggling
- SEARCA and ERGONS Conduct Training on Geospatial Applications and Analysis for Climate Resiliency, Mitigation and Adaptation
- CLMV representatives discuss possible cooperation towards climate change adaptation and mitigation in agriculture and fisheries
- New publications on social and economic aspects of biotech crop adoption launched by SEARCA and ISAAA
- SEARCA conducts validation of project implementation and field testing of Re-Entry Projects
- SEARCA-ERGONS present bio-physical and vulnerability assessments on the Upper Marikina River Basin Protected Landscape
|SEARCA officials get UPLB alumni awards|
Three SEARCA officials were among the recipients of University of the Philippines Los Baños Alumni Association (UPLBAA) awarded at the UPLB Alumni Fellowship and Awards Night held on 9 October 2011 at the EB Copeland Gymnasium, UPLB.
Dr. Gil C. Saguiguit, Jr., SEARCA Director, together with his late father, Dr. Gil F. Saguiguit, former SEARCA founding Deputy Director, and his son, Mr. Gil Antonio C. Saguiguit III, are members of the Saguiguit family who were given the 3 Generations Award. Dr. Saguiguit, Sr. graduated from UPLB in 1947 with a BS in Agriculture (BSA), while Dr. Saguiguit, Jr. completed his BSA in 1974 and MS in Agricultural Economics in 1977. Mr. Saguiguit III obtained his BS in Agricultural Economics in 2011.
Dr. Francisco F. Peñalba (BSA 1971), Deputy Director for Administration, was named Outstanding UPLB Alumnus (Research and Community Service).
The UPLB Chancellor and Country Representative of the Philippines to and Chair of the SEARCA Governing Board, Dr. Luis Rey I. Velasco (BSA 1978, MS 1982), was given the UPLB Distinguished Alumni (University Administration).
Other UPLBAA awardees were three SEARCA graduate alumni namely: Dr. Chamnian Yosraj, President, Maejo University, Thailand; and Dr. Samakkee Boonyawat, Associate Professor at the Department of Conservation, Faculty of Forestry, in Kasetsart University, Thailand; and Dr. Carmencita Kagaoan, Head, Institutional Development Division, Department of Agriculture-Bureau of Agricultural Research (DA-BAR), Philippines (see related story). (Leah Lyn D. Domingo)