- SEARCA participates in IPCC AR5 outreach event
- PCC officials undertake study mission in Australia
- SEARCA presents CC-related work in partners’ dialogue during AFCC meet
- New Director of ASEAN Foundation discusses priorities with SEARCA program heads
- 40 Southeast Asians awarded SEARCA Graduate Scholarship
- SEARCA and CIRDAP sign accord
- Four graduate students receive SEARCA PhD Research Scholarships
- SEARCA stages short course on food value chain
- SEARCA rolls out summer school on food and nutrition security
- Improving corn insurance program to enhance resilience to climate change: evidence from corn production in the Philippines
- SEARCA scholar bags best paper in international confab
- Australian Minister visits SEARCA
- GIZ and SEARCA Report on Climate Resilience in Rice and Other Crops to the 2nd Special ATWGARD Workshop
- CCC and SEARCA-led TA Team orient LGU partners on JFPR-ADB funded Green Growth Project
- 20 Middle managers and senior leaders from nine ASEAN countries convene on agriculture toward sustainable development
|SEARCA officials get UPLB alumni awards|
Three SEARCA officials were among the recipients of University of the Philippines Los Baños Alumni Association (UPLBAA) awarded at the UPLB Alumni Fellowship and Awards Night held on 9 October 2011 at the EB Copeland Gymnasium, UPLB.
Dr. Gil C. Saguiguit, Jr., SEARCA Director, together with his late father, Dr. Gil F. Saguiguit, former SEARCA founding Deputy Director, and his son, Mr. Gil Antonio C. Saguiguit III, are members of the Saguiguit family who were given the 3 Generations Award. Dr. Saguiguit, Sr. graduated from UPLB in 1947 with a BS in Agriculture (BSA), while Dr. Saguiguit, Jr. completed his BSA in 1974 and MS in Agricultural Economics in 1977. Mr. Saguiguit III obtained his BS in Agricultural Economics in 2011.
Dr. Francisco F. Peñalba (BSA 1971), Deputy Director for Administration, was named Outstanding UPLB Alumnus (Research and Community Service).
The UPLB Chancellor and Country Representative of the Philippines to and Chair of the SEARCA Governing Board, Dr. Luis Rey I. Velasco (BSA 1978, MS 1982), was given the UPLB Distinguished Alumni (University Administration).
Other UPLBAA awardees were three SEARCA graduate alumni namely: Dr. Chamnian Yosraj, President, Maejo University, Thailand; and Dr. Samakkee Boonyawat, Associate Professor at the Department of Conservation, Faculty of Forestry, in Kasetsart University, Thailand; and Dr. Carmencita Kagaoan, Head, Institutional Development Division, Department of Agriculture-Bureau of Agricultural Research (DA-BAR), Philippines (see related story). (Leah Lyn D. Domingo)